Review: Oxford

Oxford Oxford by Terry Deary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was in Oxford in 2009, and of course I didn't know much about the city. I wonder what I would have felt if I had read this book before that trip. Well, I might have roamed the streets looking for all these horrible bits of the past...
Anyway, this is again a great book from the Horrible Histories series. After reading this, I can make more connections between Oxford and the British history. It is no longer just a city of dreaming spires that a lot of tourists visit day in and day out because of the university and its quaint college buildings and castles, but also a backdrop for important historical events as well as some bloody (but attractive) details of the lives of the town folks.
Really wish I had another chance to visit Oxford, with this book in my backpack!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

介紹常用簡報線上互動工具數款:Mentimeter,Slido,Polleverywhere,Pear Deck

各式線上教學及學習用小工具分享

小介紹一下WordWall這個網站!